We’ve been busy in the Ferg house the last few weeks. We haven’t been out of town or entertaining all that much, but I feel like we’ve been on the go. I can’t find my camera battery (REF, do you know where it is?!) so I don’t have many pictures, but I thought I’d do a little run down of what we’ve been up to & what I’m looking forward to for the summer.
- R & I finally broke down & signed up with a personal trainer. I was sick of not following through with plans to get fit. I hate spending money so I knew if I paid for something I would do it 100%. I was also sick of the way I felt about myself. The only way to change that was going to be through hard work. We are going twice a week to meet with the trainer. We’ve now seen him 3x & honestly I already see a difference in my strength. We have an online system where we follow a workout routine on the days that we aren’t with Jon (trainer). We also have to keep a food journal. I think for me this is going to be what keeps me going. It was pretty hard to explain why I needed 3 pieces of pizza & 4 beers last weekend. Ha!
- Last Saturday I was able to go on a super long walk with Baby J & his mom, MK. I absolutely love LONG brisk walks. Since MK used to live in NYC being able to go on a walk with her still feels like a treat even though they’ve been living in Charlotte for over a year!
- This summer we have TWO separate family reunions with both sides of my family. I know most people might think of this as a HAVE to, but I love my extended family. We don’t get to see them too much since everyone is spread out across the US so I’m really looking forward to catching up with everyone. Some of my cousins have children that I’ve never met before!
- This weekend I’m celebrating one of my old college roommate’s 30th birthdays & I get to meet another college roommate’s new boyfriend. I cannot explain how excited I am for both of these things!
- Also right around the corner is my camp best friend’s 30th birthday party! I’m so glad that we’re going to be able to celebrate it together…as it was touch and go there for a bit with scheduling conflicts. She and her husband also met at camp so I know there will be lots of folks at the party that R & I haven’t seen in a long time!
- The 4th of July is my absolute favorite holiday (Go AMERICA!) and right now we don’t have any plans. This is causing me a bit of anxiety, but maybe it would be nice to just be at home?!
- Speaking of America…who’s excited for the Olympics?! REF & I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. 4 years ago when we got home from our honeymoon the Olympics were there to soften the blow of being back to reality!
I hope you all have some fun plans for summer months, too!