August was a long month for me. I thought about blogging about all that was going on, but something just stopped me. Maybe it was laziness, maybe because some of the things were too personal, maybe just a combination of everything. I decided this morning I would do a quick overview.
- R & I spent some time at the beach with his whole family. We were able to celebrate R’s birthday with his family & catch up with everyone. It was a short trip, but it was nice to be there.
- The week after the beach (and really I suspect at the beach some) I had a terrible sinus infection. I worked through it, but by the time I got home from the office I was ready to crash. Summer colds are no fun!
- A childhood friend of mine lost his mother to cancer. I cannot express in words how upset I am for his family. R was great & came to the visitation, funeral, graveside, and reception after with me. Her service was beautiful, but incredibly sad.
- We attended The Panther’s first pre-season game with our good friends, Jennifer & Ryan. They came all the way down from Greensboro to be with us. It was so nice to see them.
- My whole family had an amazing trip to Ohio to visit with my dad’s family! We went to Cincinnati, where my dad grew up.
- He toured us around his old stomping grounds, took us to the Reds’ Hall of Fame & a Friday night Reds game complete with a WIN for the Reds & fireworks!
- After Cincinnati we headed up to Columbus where several other family members live. We had a big family picnic with my aunts, uncles, cousins, cousins’ kids. It was a lot of fun to catch up with everyone & to meet some of my cousins’ babies.
- Another childhood friend lost her dad to cancer. It was incredibly sad to see another family hurting so much. It was even harder as the two families are best friends & neighbors. I have felt so helpless & not known what to say to say, as nothing I say can make it better.
- At the beginning of the summer I was given some added responsibilities at the office. I was finally able to get the approval from the powers that be to move ahead with a project I’ve been working on. It was such a relief to have the go ahead on that.
- I met up with some really fun blog friends who have become like just regular friends for lunch. It was nice to catch up with them & have a big of girl time.
- R & I had a really big moment when we were able to finally let our family & our close friends know that come March we were going to be parents & Winston was going to be a big brother.
- I’m really ready for fall to be here & all that it has to offer to offer like cooler temperatures, football, pretty leaves, etc.
How was your August?