My guess is that I’ve lost any readers that I had in the first place during my 5 month hiatus, but that’s okay. Basically I had some weird things happen due to social media & I just needed to take a step back. Around Thanksgiving I got the urge to blog again, but that’s my super busy time of the work year & I haven’t had a chance to really get back in front of the computer until now.
So, obviously when you’re pregnant a lot can happen in a few months. I mean really I find myself googling something about pregnancy each week. I’m going to attempt to do a bullet point catch up…
These aren’t really in any chronological order.
- I turned 31 on September 27th. This birthday was a tad bit different than my 30th.
- My nephew turned 1 year old on September 30th. I still can’t believe how much I love this little guy.
- We moved out of our house for 17 days while all the flooring was ripped out, replaced, and most of the walls were painted. I was so thankful to move back in.
- I found out two of my friends are also expecting around the same time as us. It has made this whole experience even more fun.
- 2 of my other friends HAD their babies & it was surreal to think that we would soon have one too.
- REF and I found out we are having a little GIRL! I’m so nervous & overwhelmed about this, but also beyond excited!
- We celebrated Thanksgiving in Charlotte with my parents, grandparents, sister, brother in law, and nephew. My parents another Wine & Cheese party.
- I continued to have morning sickness consistently up to 20 weeks & still get sick sporadically now.
- We registered & I finally got over my fear of decorating the nursery. I’m trying slowing to EMBRACE the pink.
- We ordered a BOB stroller when we saw one on super sale. It was our first real purchase for the baby & made both us really excited.
- We said goodbye to Rob’s sweet grandfather. It was really sad for everyone, but he lived an amazing life.
- I became mildly obsessed with the West Wing. As in, we ordered all 8 seasons & I spent all my free time watching every episode. If you’ve never watched this show I highly suggest doing so, ASAP.
- We celebrated 4 Christmases: Christmas Eve with REF’s dad & stepmom, Christmas morning with REF’s mom & stepdad, Christmas afternoon with REF’s extended family, and Christmas night with my family.
- REF & I hosted my 22 year old cousin & two of his fraternity brothers who drove up from Birmingham to go to the Wide Spread Panic New Years Eve concert. It was SO fun to see my cousin, but made me feel incredibly old.
- I took 5 days of vacation at the end of December. It was divine.
I’m 31 weeks pregnant on Saturday & I do hope to blog more. I’m going to do a post on the before & after our house, the nursery, and post all the instagram pics I’ve taken of my bump thus far. PS – if you’re not following me on instagram you should! My username is KTBFerg.