I can’t tell you how flattered I was to be tagged by Blair’s Head Band for this 11 question post! Not only is Blair’s Head Band a seriously cute blog, she’s wicked smart (she’s originally from Boston, so I can say wicked) & she’s hilarious. I’ve also never been tagged for one of these blogger deals so I’m excited to participate.
Here are the rules:
•You must post the rules.
•Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you; then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
•Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
•Let them know you have tagged them
1. If you had been born a boy, do you know what your parents planned on naming you?
My parents were going to name both my sister and me, Baked Bean Bender, if we were boys. Just kidding! That’s what they joked that the were going to call us. Our last name is Bender, but still… Actually, my mom claims she has no idea what my boy name would have been.
2. What’s your favorite book of all time?
Gosh, I’m not really sure I can pick a favorite. Maybe All Quiet on The Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque or Angela’s Ashes by Frank McCourt . There have really been few books that I did NOT like.
3. If you could have lunch with one celebrity, who would it be and why?
Diane Keaton. I fell in love with her when I was little & watched Baby Boom. From that point on I’ve had an obsession with her. I think she’s a wonderful actor & for some reason she reminds me of my mom.
4. What do you do for work, if you’re not interested in sharing on the internets, what is the industry in which you work?
I work in insurance sales. It’s not terribly glamorous, but it pays the bills.
5. Did you go Greek in college? If so, what house?
First, Finest, Forever: Alpha Delta Pi (another reason I love BHB)
6. Sweet or Salty
SALTY, SALTY, SALTY!! I don’t have a sweet tooth, at all.
7. Do you prefer to make a phone call or send a text?
It depends on the person and the situation, but most of the time I like to SPEAK to someone.
8. Favorite Flower
Always & forever a tulip.
9. A Princess Z inspired question…Did you have an American Girl doll as a child?
Sadly, I’m just a little too old for the American Girl dolls. They came out when I was just about growing out of dolls, but my next door neighbor had Samantha & I coveted it so much! When REF’s niece was going through her American Girl doll phase I LOVED getting the catalog.
10. What are your favorite white wine & favorite red wine varietals?
I don’t LOVE white wine, but when the weather is nice I’ll drink a glass or two of Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio. Now, I LOVE red wine. Pinot Noir, Melbec, Cabernet… I don’t discriminate.
11. Favorite Quote
“Eat well, Drink well, and do all things in moderation.” -My Grandpa Bender
Here are the bloggers that I’m tagging:
1. April from A.Liz Adventures
2. Annie from Classic Annie
3. Rachel from In No Simple Language
4. Melissa from The View From Five Two
5. April from You, Me & The Kid
6. EAS from Who’s Excited
7. Emily from Life with Emily
8. Michelle from Stuttering Shell
9. Michelle from Aww Shucks – Diary of a Mrs.
10. Christin from A Classy, Southern Wife
11. Kourtney from The Queen’s Kourt
Okay, here are my questions…..
- Where were you born?
- What irrational fear do you have?
- Where’s 1 place you hope to travel before you die?
- What’s your favorite summer cocktail?
- Fine Dining or Casual Dining?
- Did you go to summer camp as a kid?
- Favorite comfort food?
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how many?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Friends character you’re most alike?
- What’s the first concert you ever saw?
Here are the answers to my questions…
- Pittsburgh, PA
- I’m afraid of someone hiding under my bed at night so I basically jump in & out of the bed.
- Machu Picchu
- Vodka Tonic or Greyhound
- Casual Dining, outside.
- Yep, Summer’s Best Two Weeks, 1 year (hated it) & Camp Cheerio, 12 years (loved it)
- Grilled Cheese
- 1 older sister
- Monica, I’m type A.
- Paul McCartney when I was in 6th grade